Sunday, August 29, 2010

August 23, 2010 - August 26, 2010

My grandmother passed away on the 23rd of August. She worked everyday of her life and when she died, I decided I would not continue my POTD until she has laid to rest, out of respect for her. This photo was hard for me to take. I was the day of her funeral, several hours after family had all left. My grandfather wanted to go back to the cemetery to say goodbye one more time that day and he wanted pictures of the flowers on the grave. This was a very sad moment but I wanted to honor his request. My grandmother was the hardest working person and the happiest person I have ever known. If it wasn't for her hard work and dedication, our family would not be as blessed as we are. She ran the family business her entire adult life and she was the foundation of our family. She will be greatly missed by all the people she has touched. I love you Grandmother Becky!

No comments:

Post a Comment